[or-roots] Killed in action

PoesGirl at aol.com PoesGirl at aol.com
Sat May 15 11:23:25 PDT 2004

In a message dated 5/15/2004 10:11:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cchouk at cox.net writes:
Much lip flapping is being made today about US service men and women being
killed in Iraq.

In Sweet Home, in the 40's there was a big billboard, on a mound, on the SW
corner of 12th & Main Streets that listed our war dead in WW II.  A Shell gas
station occupied that corner for a few years, but it too, is now gone.

I remember feeling a bit disapointed that I did not know any of the persons
named on that billboard.  Is there anyone here that may have seen that
billboard?  Do you have a photo of it?
I delete virtually everything that shows up on this list, which I have been a
member of for years because something in my area might show up some day.  You
are a bunch of clacking old hens, who should form a chat group, because that
is what you want to do.  YOU were SORRY you didn't see any names you
recongnized?  I totally support the war in Iraq but the boy who grew up 2 houses down
from my house died in Iraq  and one of my grandsons is there now.  YOU should
be GLAD you didn't recognize any of the names.  You totally disgust me.  Will
Union County.

Lenore