[or-roots] Grandma's pressure cooker

W David Samuelsen dsam at sampubco.com
Thu May 20 00:51:15 PDT 2004

Truth be told, the advent of microwave oven did not make pressure cooker
obsolute at all! The vegetables and meats are better when done in
pressure cooker which is now range from 4 pint size to 14 quart size.

Presto and Mirror are two most popular brand but there's American
Canning brand as well.

carrots, tomato, tomato juice, corn, beets (pickled, too), spinach,
swiss chard, potatoes, dill pickles are what I've done. The fruits are
usually done in hot water bath rather than pressure cooker.

David Samuelsen