[or-roots] Cecil and the whiskey bottle

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Tue May 25 21:23:14 PDT 2004

That episode about William Patton, and Mary's toxic whiskey caused me to remember something that happened to me almost 60 years ago.  This happened about 1944/45 at the Shea house in Foster.  I was 5 or 6 at the time.

One night my father asked me to go out to the Ford, and bring in the pint whiskey bottle that was under the front seat.  I went out and got the bottle.  Of course I took a big swig from it.  I knew in an instant that I had made a serious error!  By the time I handed the bottle to my father... he knew what I had done.

That bottle contained a mixture of fuel oil and kerosine that he used to start camp fires at the logging sites where he worked, and camp sites when the family went fishing.

My mother fed me raw egg whites, and I lived to tell this tale.  I never did that again.  :-)

Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/