[or-roots] Attn Marsha Bradley - Luthley

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Mon Nov 1 18:58:26 PST 2004

Marsha;

We owe a thanks to Kevin and David  (I think), yes there is a Cemetery up
the creek from "Lake Creek" unfortunately it is going to be difficult to
know which one is yours, yes not one but two, the one that Kevin lists here,
and is probably the one you want. If you wish to go see it or them I would
recommend contacting the Jackson County Sheriff's office and telling them
where it is you wish to go and see if they have any recommendations about
route and they might know about who to get permission from or hopefully the
Genealogy Society would know that.

Both of these locations are a bit remote. The one on Lake Creek is found
just as I described last night, leave White City on route 140, about 12
miles or so turn right into the community of Lake Creek (hopefully it will
be identifiable?) About a quarter mile out of town there is a fork in the
road, right will take you to another cemetery which sits on a ridge
overlooking Little Butte creek, it is found in the SW 1/4 of sw1/4 of sec 34
T 36 S R 2 E.

Or take the right fork to the one I think you want, now we come to the
tricky part, it looks like the road goes through to the resorvoir, but this
is why I recommend contacting the Sheriff, because it may be just a jeep
track that way and you may have to find the other road that comes in from
the west. If it is accesible from Lake Creek by highway 140 it is about 4
1/2 or five miles from the fork mentioned above to where a jeep track leaves
the road and then about a quarter mile northeast from the road to the grave
site. Quite frankly, unless you are very woods savy, I would not recommend
trying to find it on your own. I think I could do it, assuming the graves
aren't hidden by brush or completely obliterated, but I don't think I would
try it even so. I am sure I could navigate to within a few hundred feet
based on the map, but wouldn't bet I'd find the graves even so.

Les C.