[or-roots] Covey or Couey

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Fri Nov 5 22:48:05 PST 2004

Dolores;

Don't know how much help I can be, your guy sure is hard to find, you
probably saw these folks;
				   Marital			   Birth		   Father's 	Mother's
 Name  		Relation  Status Gender Race Age place Occupation  Birthplace
Birthplace
 Joseph COUEY   Self   		M     Male   W   52   GA   Farmer   SC   SC
 Ann E. COUEY   Wife   M   Female   W   42   IL   Keeping House   VA   VA
 Mary A. COUEY   Dau   S   Female   W   22   WI      GA   IL
 Sarah L. COUEY   Dau   S   Female   W   16   OR   Attending School   GA
IL
 Joseph L. COUEY   Son      Male   W   14   OR   Attending School   GA   IL
 Louisa J. COUEY   Dau   S   Female   W   12   OR   Attending School   GA
IL
 William F. COUEY   Son   S   Male   W   10   OR   Attending School   GA
IL
 Alice M. COUEY   Dau   S   Female   W   8   OR   Attending School   GA   IL
 Minnie A. COUEY   Dau   S   Female   W   7   OR   At Home   GA   IL
 John B. COUEY   Son   S   Male   W   5   OR   At Home   GA   IL
----
Source Information:
  Census Place Orleans, Linn, Oregon
  Family History Library Film   1255082
  NA Film Number   T9-1082
  Page Number   348C

There is some Oakville cemetery info at;
http://www.linncountyroots.com/Cemeteries/oakville.htm

But your guy isn't buried there.

ONe thing puzzles me, there is no listing for anyone in "Oakville" that I
can see in the Census?? It apparently falls in teh Tangen precinct or some
such, makes it harder to hunt when you don't know where to look. I wonder if
this is another case of a whole precinct getting missed in the Census.

I could have a littel better luck maybe if I knew his place of birth and
appx age, if he is in the Census however it looks like info won't help you
because it will be wrong.