[or-roots] (no subject)

dgoodma02 at comcast.net dgoodma02 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 17:01:13 PST 2004

On November 6th 2004  McChord AFB , Washington sponsored a Retiree Appreciation Day for all retired military personnel.  Over 300 attended. the Base sponsored a Health Fair (Blood Pressure, Bone density, Diet Advise ect). Also Vendors from associated organizations (DAV, AFA, etc.) attened.  There we a number of attendees who came up from Oregon to attend.  There was also a tour of the C-17, and discussion by senior Officers from the Base.
The McChord AFB Retiree Activitiy Office also publishes and distributes our News Letter to about 20,000 AF retirees in Washington and have just added norther Oregon to our mailing list.  Our first issue that was distributed to Oregon. AF Retirees received a number of thank you's from Oregon AF Retirees.  If you are or happen to know of any AF retirees in Oregon who would be interested in receiving our Newsletter please let me know.
The Retiree Activities Office (RAO) also holds a Formal Dining Out once a year at the McChord AFB Colocated Club and we have a few Oregon Retirees make the trip.  Our next Dining Out will be April 15, 2005.  Please pass the word to your retired Military (any Branch of Service and any rank) Friends
--
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired