[or-roots] BEWARE: Carol Ann Hansen / Steals Family Infor. / no permission

Kith-n-Kin kith-n-kin at att.net
Mon Nov 22 13:56:11 PST 2004

I need your help, PLEASE!

This Carol Ann Hansen.. Stole my Family Information, word for word with even my name / E-mail address &
all from my postings

Nancy

This doesn't look like stealing to me, if she simply copied, including your contact information, what you
had posted. Now, if she had written it as though she had done the research, that might be another thing.

Why don't you give us her URL, so we can see what you are talking about. I went to the only web site I
could find with her name ( http://www.gbnf.com/GENEALOG4/hansen/home.htm ) and didn't find your name
anywhere - nor the supposition about McCubbins.  So, perhaps she has more sites?

Have you spoken with her? What does she say?

Bottom line here, I suspect, is that we all post information, propositions, suppositions, and out-and-out
guesses, on the internet. People take what we post and use it for their own purposes. I suppose most of us
do the same.

Give us more information, and we will see what we can do.

Pat (in Tucson)
Nosco vestri atavi est ingredior intellego vestri ego
(To become acquainted with your ancestors is to begin to comprehend your self)