[or-roots] Tenmile Cemetery

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Thu Oct 21 00:43:07 PDT 2004

Judy;

Okay, this is going to be very confusing to people, I started out on the
assumption the cemetery in Tenmile is what Judy was looking for, so bear
with me folks, the second half of this letter is going to have nothing to do
with the query (I think) and is just included in case a. it is too the
cemetery she meant or b. someone else IS interested in the Tenmile Cemetery.

from (see below)

Nichols
     DG132
     aka: Brockway, Davlin
     GNIS: Winston
     WGS-84 Datum:
     UTM:
     DD.DDDD:
     0.15 acre
     unknown date
     T/R: T28S R6W section 20

This is going to be harder than the next one to get to, it appears to be
behind a school or some other large complex. I is just off of highway 42 and
just out of Winston, or sort of out of Winston. According to Yahoo Maps the
last street before you get to whatever the complex is will be Abraham Avenue
which is on the right as you follow highway 42. A little more than half a
mile past that you should see some big complex that looks like a school
(unless it's an airport??) on the right which has a loop driveway in front.
The cemetery is to the right and about halfway to the creek on the north
side of the complex.

The Winston chamber of Commerce number is 541-679-0118; they probably won't
have a clue about the cemetery but hopefully they can direct you to someone
who can tell you about it.

Les C

The following is for Tenmile Cemetery;

I don't know anything about this cemetery, but it is on Tenmile Valley Road,
or at least there is a cememtery there, you get there by taking I 5 to
Winston, then take Hiway 42 toward the coast, at Tenmile you will find
Coates road,right and a little more than a quarter mile you will come to
Tenmile road which is a 135 degree turn to the left(probably be a big Y
junction and about a tenth of a mile on that you will find the cemetery on
the left. It is probably public as it borders the road.

You can try calling Tenmile Methodist Church; 541-679-3826. I think they
"might" be next to the Cememtery, on the USGS topo map it looks like there
is a church next door, but there is another one at the alternate junction
with Tenmile valley road, if you miss Coats road you Take Reston road about
the same quarter mile and turn 135 degrees right and go about a mile an come
to the cemetery.