[or-roots] Young, Owens and Sherman Families

CKlooster at aol.com CKlooster at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 19:07:49 PDT 2004

Here's the bargain of the week..."Free to a Good Home"...

As I'm "feng shui'ing" my vast collections, I find some references that I
don't use.  One of them is a booklet called "Some Oregon Branches of the  Young,
Owens, and Sherman Families" self-published ca. 1982 by Bonnie  Alderman.  I
bought this book when I was researching my children's paternal  family lines.
It turned out to be wholly different lines, but the book has  nice family
pictures and a lot of early Oregon information.  I'll be glad  to send it to
anyone connected to these lines.  Some of the names in the  book are:

Gannon, Chandler, Appleton, Cooper, Tidd, Turner, Handley, Scott, Thompson,
Owens, Sherman, Goucher, Reeder, Willaby, Vedder.  This is primarily about
the descendents of Thomas Owens (1813-1892) and Emeline Young (1826-1903) and
the locale is the McMinnville - Dundee areas of Oregon with the Young line
emigrating from New Zeeland and Australia and the Owens line coming from Wales
(Thomas Owens and his twin brother Evan).

If anyone connects or has a strong interest, let me know and I'll drop it  in
the mail.

Carla