[or-roots] Historic Cemeteries

Betty Moreland moreland at moseslake-wa.com
Fri Sep 3 23:35:42 PDT 2004

`Any graves over a certain age you have to get special permission due to the diseases that can be released. As  for the attitude of people In can relate to everyones displeasure. Last year it tooknumerouscalls to get my uncle to sign for permission too cremate my aunt's remains. Washington requires for  permission to cremate. It entails a spouse, children or brothers and sisters to give written permission. Even when the deceased requested cremation. This year it took a lot of begging to get some of my brothers and sisters to sign  a release so our mother could be cremated. Some would rather let the body set in storage for howeverlong. So I appreciate the problems of ffinding grave  yards. My family has three different locations for my grandmother in one cemetary she died in 1920  or21.