[or-roots] (no subject)

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Sun Apr 3 12:54:41 PDT 2005

 Hi Bob,

Yep, I though there was a connection : ) It's My McCubbins with your Bilyeu
s.

My g-g-grandfather & my g-g-g-grandfather came from Franklin Co., Missouri
to Oregon in 1852 & took up DLC at Howell's Prairie/Silverton & Lebanon OR &
so did all of James McCubbin's sons, then the sons Samuel
(gg-grandfather)brother: Zachariah..& others all went to Dayton WA. & lived
& died there. That's where my grandfather Delmar Samuel Flanagan was born &
my mother Betty Jean. My Grandfather's mother was Samuel McCubbin's daughter
Elva Rose McCubbins. Elva's mother & wife to Samuel was: Sarah Ellen Stevens

William Richmond & Nancy (Bilyeu) McCubbins came with James McCubbins &
family same time.
I do believe but have not proven for sure yet, that William is brother to my
James. There is a connection.
James McCubbins born about 1813 in Virginia. William is definitely related.
(Same McCubbins Clan)

I am still searching for the grave of James, no luck at all. Died: Sept. 6,
1877 in North Salem, Marion Co., OR.

James lost a daughter (Rachel) on the trail to Oregon in: 1852 & his wife
China may have died on the trail too, not sure, or she may have died in
Missouri before leaving for Oregon. She gave birth to her last child with
James in: 1849 Franklin Co., Missouri.

Nancy