[or-roots] more spam email than usual?

Clyde Gillespie poppy3dr at charter.net
Fri Apr 15 10:59:04 PDT 2005

I forwarded an email yesterday stating that one could get the Microsoft
AntiSpyware program but the location was left off.  You can download the
AntiSpyware from Microsoft's Download center.  Just type that into your
computer's URL and click.  It really works well.

Dr. Clyde Gillespie

_____________________________

An anti-spyware bill could clear the U.S. House of Representatives as early
as next week, but final legislation is not expected to be sent to the White
House until disagreements about what qualifies as "spyware" are ironed out
by key technology interest groups and lawmakers.

Spyware is a catchall term used to describe programs that stealthily install
themselves on computers. Some versions -- often referred to as "adware" --
spawn numerous pop-up advertisements when computer users attempt to navigate
the Internet. Other, more intrusive versions can track online movements,
steal passwords and sensitive data, and give hackers control over infected
computers.

Even the least-intrusive spyware programs can severely restrict an infected
computer's ability to carry out basic functions like surfing the Web and
word processing.

Experts say the spyware problem has grown to near epidemic levels, rivaling
the problem with e-mail spam

  _____