[or-roots] WILLIAM POPPLETON BURIED WHERE?

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Sat Apr 23 13:32:12 PDT 2005

Hi,
All kinds of excellent information on your Poppleton Family,  but I still
haven't found his burial..I will keep trying.
Nancy

Selected Biographies
Adelaide Poppleton, Class of 1883
In Memoriam
 Mrs. Adelaide Poppleton Harding, ‘83 Portland, Oregon, died October 6, 1952
  Up to the time of her passing she was the oldest alumna of Pacific
University.
She was the wife of A. H. Harding to whom she was married in 1895.  A
long-time trustee of Pacific University, he preceded her in death three
years ago.  Their daughter Grace, is active in University affairs while
carrying on the insurance business of her father.
Mrs. Harding’s mother, Nancy Catherine Shelton, crossed the plains, at the
age of 7, in 1846 and attended Tualatin Academy.  Her father, Dr. Poppleton,
came to LaFayette, Oregon in 1853.  Their daughter was born there on January
20, 1862.
She was a school teacher, a cellist, and an authority on the rhododendron.
Throughout her lifetime she was active in promoting the welfare of the
Congregational Church in Portland and her alma mater. (Alumnews, Nov. 1952).