[or-roots] Daniel Ryan, Grants Pass, OR obit lookup

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 09:49:46 PDT 2005

I am looking for an obit or write up on the death of  Daniel Ryan - my
grandfather's uncle.

I received the following from a lady in Baker City and  would like to follow
up on it:

The Weekly Bedrock Democrat
Monday, June 1, 1896
page  6
Baker Co. Library microfilm collection, reel # 312

Died at Grants  Pass

The intelligence has been received here of the death of Daniel  Ryan, a
former resident of Baker City, whose demise occurred a few days ago at  the town of
Grant's Pass, Southern Oregon. Mr. Ryan at one time owned some  suburban
property here.

Daniel died 21, May 1896. The story my grandfather  told what that Daniel had
been set upon by thieves and murders while hauling  freight. However, he said
it happened in Baker Co. This is apparently wrong  according to the above
excerpt,

I would appreciate help from anyone having access to  old newspapers files in
Grants Pass that could look this up. I live in Medford  but can no longer
drive to Grants Pass or I would come over and do the research  myself.

Thank you
Carroll (Cooper)  Summers