[or-roots] Sumtin besides cars

dgoodma02 at comcast.net dgoodma02 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 6 19:35:08 PST 2005

In 1950 I was a Junior at Oregon State College (now University) and was studying Geology.
On a Field Trip in the John Day Country, I was hiking up a small hill doing Geology Stuff.  When I topped the Hill I was about 20 feet away from a Couger!
Complete Dumb set in and I drew my trusy .22 Hi Standard Pistol and Blazed away.  I must have fired about 8 shots.  Then I turned and ran down the Hill and the Couger turned and ran down his side of the hill. We had reaslly scarred each other!!  Knowing now how hard it is to hit a trget at 20 feet when fireing without aiming, I'm sure all I hit was the ground around the Couger.

--
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired