[or-roots] Big Cats (from Aunt Charlotte's book)

DanM wb at valiant.wvi.com
Thu Dec 8 15:46:10 PST 2005

I saw a story in
 * Told by the Pioneers *
about my uncle and some other men hunting griz and they found they were being trailed by a big cat.

  When we lived up in Gates on the back across the Santiam river, we were on 10 acres just as the base of the mountain, many days we found cat tracks and the kids would see them and refuse to walk to the end of the driveway ( about 800ft) to the bus stop, I would always go with them talking the rifle.
   The US has lots of areas full of forest where the wild animals should be, but according to researchers, they are fast encroaching on the people population for food.

Dan M
www.wvi.com/~wb