[or-roots] Digital Archives in Washington

Ray Powell rayp6217 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 19:05:04 PST 2005

MessageI really love this group! For the last two years I have been looking for information about my grandfather's first wife. With the use of this link to Washington's digital archives I have at least found a Marriage Application for a C. R. POWELL ( my grandfather's name was Calvin Russell POWELL b. 11/20/1873) and a Carrie Edwards. I would never have thought of checking Chelan County, WA because my grandfather was born in Lane County, OR and the only other place I ever found him was in a 1910 Federal Census of Gilliam County, OR when he was already married to Carrie. I know (family history from an Aunt) that he probably married my Grandmother Isabel Olive WILLIS in Spokane, WA. After they were married they lived at various times in Stevens County, WA and Yakima County, WA.

Thank you! Ronda.

Ray Powell