[or-roots] YOUR PHONE NUMBER

CKlooster at aol.com CKlooster at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 23:25:57 PST 2005

Well, here's an idea...fill out the removal form and remove all your  friends
and neighbors!

I looked at my information and found that I'm living about fifty miles from
the nearest community...smack in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness.  I
know that my village is pretty remote, but this program has some obvious
limitations because it places my residence far away from where it actually  is.  I
also looked at some rural Oregon family phone numbers and see that  those
residences are also way off on map quest et al.  So I guess the plan  to preserve
privacy should involve moving to Alaska or some other part of rural  America.
The only problem with that is that small town/rural living  insures that you
have zero privacy...EVERYBODY knows where you are and what you  are doing at any
given moment.

For the really paranoid among us, consider the new cell phone technology
that allows them to pinpoint exactly where you are at any given moment.   The 911
gene is ostensibly to allow you to be located with a 911 call...but  think of
all the more sinister possibilities.  On the other hand, your  descendents
may not only be able to locate you on the family tree, they may be  able to
download a complete catalog of your daily movements!  Welcome to  the Brave New
World.

Carla