[or-roots] Re: [or-roots]...the other thing, returning family memorabilia

Erick G Olofsson coollugan at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 6 09:03:04 PST 2005

Hi Carla
Do you have any old photos of Olof or olaf Peterson Family.  1855to 1969
Erick

CKlooster at aol.com wrote:
I have had fairly good luck finding families for old photos, Bibles, etc. rescued from antique stores.  I post the information to family surname forums on various genealogical websites such as Ancestry.com.  I can't afford to rescue every photo I find, and unfortunately many antique dealers have raised prices to several dollars for each photo...I'm told that some people buy these photos to have "instant ancestors".  If I find one that has names or names and places written on it, I do try to rescue it...but do avoid common names such as John Brown.  If there is no response from family and if I know the location where the photo was taken (sometimes from the photographer's name at the bottom of the photo) I find the nearest photo archive or historical society and donate to them.  I've sent several identified family photos to the Oregon Historical Society in Portland in the hopes that some day some family member will search there and find lost family.  This is my version of casting bread
 upon the waters!

Carla