[or-roots] messages to les bounce etc.

Leslie Chapman khanjehgil at presys.com
Tue Jan 25 22:51:33 PST 2005

Albert;

What is happening is somebody has a virus on their computer that is spoofing
my email address and sending it through your ISP, so your ISP virus
protection is assuming I am sending the virus (I don't think so, I have had
a current version of Norton on my puter for 3 or four years and now also
double check with AVG) and they have blacklisted me from being allowed to
send and receive email.

At least that is how I would interpret this problem, feel free to ask what
you want in the Or-roots list, if I need to respond to it off list I bet I
can get through to you still.

As to Kathie Lloyd, I doubt that she wouls be of any use to you in your
Blanchard quest, as her ancestry is pretty much all Northeastern US old
family stuff, her line and mine diverged about 1669 when Sarah Wheeler
married John Smedley. I actually don't even have a current email address for
Kathy as her life went through a lot of changes a couple of years ago and
last time I tried to contact her, the addy I had was no longer valid.
Unfortuntely if she ever tries to get ahold of me the address she has will
probably no longer be valid as I expect to change my addy shortly.

I'm afraid I have pretty much exhausted my resources for finding stuff for
you unless I can did something up in Heritage quest books which I will try
shortly.

As to my Oregon trail ancestors, that is a definite maybe, I don't know for
sure if the Melvin clan came on the Oregon trail or a more southerly route.
I just know they are in NorCal by about 1850, along with the Tacks who may
have come around the Horn, big mystery there, we know some of their
furniture did because it still has the shipping info on it, but nobody seems
to know if they shipped stuff seperate or brought it with. My dad's side
were johnny come latelys, have only been in Oregon about 100 years and came
by steam train. My maternal grandfather jumped ship from a british merchant
man in San Francisco around 1870 or 80 and came directly to Oregon.

I;ll bet gack to you if I find anybody on Heritage quest.