[or-roots] Government Ration Stamps 1940s

E V Barnes evbarnes at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 07:19:15 PST 2005

Every family had one.  Butter, Meat, Eggs, Gasoline, shoes hard toget, no vehicles produced
fall of 41-46.  Gasoline had A, B, C. windshiled
stickerthere may have been more.  We used to
watch the P-38's and P-39's in mock dogfights
over the skys of Oakland.  Later the Blackwidow
could be seen going out in the eveing sky.

There were several false alarms.  One Jap sub
did fire on the southern coast.  Did little or no
damage.

During the middle of the war my father's shop
repaired a buick that had been side swiped by
the flatbed carrying a minature Jap sub.