[or-roots] Rationing and shortages circa WW2

dgoodma02 at comcast.net dgoodma02 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 16:17:22 PST 2005

Well I'll throw a few memories in;  My Dad worked for Texaco in Tacoma and then Portland.  He had a C Stamp for gas and actually had more because he drove all over the NW Supplying oil and gasoline to military and also to Russian Ships.  Also Remember the butter shortage? and we got this awful stuff called margarine?  and it was white in a plastic bag and you had to break a little yellow pill and then massage the package to make it look like butter. I told my mother I wouldn't eat that stuff and she said "OK".  I found out later that she just made margarine into nice bricks like butter and fed it to me and Dad and we didn't know the difference.

--
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired