[or-roots] How High the Bounty

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Jun 11 12:37:40 PDT 2005

Will do Midge, I just had a brillian idea for myself, I am sticking a 3x5
card with "Dixons" and your email address in the book, so I can make notes
if I run across them, but more importantly to be a constant reminder what I
am looking for, since otherwise tommorrow I probably wouldn't remember.

Hopefully I will remember that trick in the future, since I have a number of
other books and may be looking for things like that for others. Specifically
I know of at least two of them I have promised "somebody" I would look for
folks in and no longer remember who or what.

How long were your Dixons in Oregon? I have a couple who were the parents of
a cousin-in-law of mine that I have been curious about; Homer Jonathan Dixon
and Pauline Stewart, as I understand it they were eastern Oregonians so
quite likely unconnected but then folks did move around, like Jessies folks
for example, I am sure somebody in that clan is going nuts trying to trackc
them since it sounds like they moved about twice in every census period for
fifty years. Kinda reminds me of some of my Dad's family.