[or-roots] 1898 obit request

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 17:43:16 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/15/05 4:44:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hwhamilton2 at msn.com writes:
My cousin, Alexander B. Hamilton, died in Portland Dec 23 1898.  I have
tried to find his obituary in the Ancestry.com newspaper and obituary
databases without
success-- they do not cover the year 1898.  I would really appreciate it if
someone could do a lookup for me.  Thanks ever so much.

Helen
Sorry, Helen

I can send the wording of an obituary printed within the past 30-days for no
charge or
you can get that same wording on line. I can no longer look up obituaries
more than
30-days old.

When I first started indexing Register-Guard obituaries in 1997, I never
dreamed that they would be archived somewhere forever. I intended them to be
"throw-away" bits of information and was happy to send obituaries for the past
30-days.

I have no way of looking at back issues more than 30 days old. I would
suggest that you go to the Oregon Genealogical Society website
  http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlncogs/ogsinfo.htm
and look under research. I think from there you can email the head researcher
and the cost is quite nominal as explained on the website.

A friend of mine also does newspaper lookups at the UO Knight library. I
don't know his current charge, but you can email him at GToftdahl at aol.com

I hope this is helpful to you.
Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR LinLouVan at aol.com