[or-roots] Goodmans in Lane Co and other cemetery links

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Jun 25 16:20:26 PDT 2005

Bob;

I was unable to locate Cora and Duane, do you have thier obits?

I would think they would have had obits in the Register Guard, I will see if
my Sis-in-law can cough them up, or you could hire GreG T, though I think he
charges at least $5 a lookup and maybe more, can't remember for sure.
GToftdahl at aol.com.

I think it highly likely they would have been buried in the main cemetery in
Eugene and the current owners would have the burial information.

All I cam up with was one query;
http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlane/links/queryout.htm

DAY, DANIELS, HARLOW, GOODMAN.  William George DAY and Francis Eva DANIELS
lived in Creswell, Oregon, and had a son named Noble C. DAY on 2/15/1897.  I
am looking for information concerning this family.  I am not sure of which
of these DAY families William George came from.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated:  George Byrn DAY, Sr. and Adelia Snelling HARLOW 9 Sep 1852
Lafayette Co., MO-Eugene, Lane Co., OR or Henry DAY and Julia Catherine
JACKSON GOODMAN 9 Sep 1852 Lafayette Co., MO-Eugene, Lane Co., OR.  Bill Day
Fri May 5 22:19:27 2000

and two listings for Goodmans;
http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlane/cemeteries/greenwood.htm

Goodman Chester 1892 1983 Double stone, grey, slight rise, 40" x 15" &
Theodosia

Goodman Theodosia 1896 1983  & Chester

http://www.rootsweb.com/~orlane/cemeteries/mulkey.htm

Goodman, Eva Vernon  1875   1961   116   Wife of Walter D. Goodman

Goodman, Walter D. 1881   1961   116   Husband of Eva Vernon Goodman

Now there are three "Godman's listed in that cememtery too???

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/lane/cemeteries/inman.txt
GOODMAN, Grace E.
GOODMAN, Leroy F.
GOODMAN, Lucille C.
GOODMAN, Robert M.

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/lane/cemeteries/oakhill.txt
GOODMAN, Susan

Okay, folks have been whining about the quanity of emails so am sticking
this in here, for folks interested in the Eugene Masonic burials there are
two web sites with bios on some of the folk, the entire cemetery is online
by name etc I believe, though couldn't find it to day;

http://www.eugenemasoniccemetery.org/lesser_known.pdf

http://www.eugenemasoniccemetery.org/movers_shakers.pdf

those familiar with place names and history of Eugene will recognize most of
the names in the last one and a few of the first one. If somebody really has
to know who is there and can't find my reference to it in the Or-roots list
archives i can look it up.

Never mind here is the giant index of Lane Co Cememetery info. Most of these
sites are JUST indexes, no plot number, no dates, just a list of names.

http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Ecemetery/oregon/lane.html

toward the bottom of the page are a bunch of links including some Look-up
links, if you know where they were living Bob, it would "probably" halep to
narrow down your search.

Les C.

PS my sis-in-law is listed towrad bottom of page. Don't tell her I sent you.
;-}