[or-roots] Oregon Gravestones Photo Project

W David Samuelsen dsam at sampubco.com
Sun Jun 26 00:04:37 PDT 2005

companies are stopping making film for cameras. Kodak stopped black and white
film few weeks ago, leaving only 2 companies, one in Europe.

More and more are using digital cameras. You can still get top quality prints -
at local stores as before, they have printers to produce same quality photos
unlike home computers. I had some of mine done at local store and gave a set to
my friend for his family genealogy book.

and the memory cards are coming in with more megabytes than before. There's
one memory card with 2 gb and it's only less than an inch in size.

A single 256 KB memory card SD brand at lowest setting can hold more than 300
photos. I ran out of it on first day and went out and bought 2nd one for 69
dollars at the time (nearly 2 years ago!) and prices have considerably dropped
like crazy. Even the CDs are going out of times, replaced by the flash drives.

David Samuelsen