[or-roots] Oregon Gravestones Photo Project

Janice Winzinger jbwinzinger at hctc.net
Sun Jun 26 08:14:29 PDT 2005

June 26, 2005

Incomplete or erroneous cemetery records must be a national problem.  In
Illinois this spring I requested records at three cemeteries--two of them
had either failed to record a burial at all or had listed the wrong people
as being buried in my ancestors' block.  Oh yes:  one showed the wrong
location for a grave.

You do have a daunting task in Oregon, I see, but you who are experienced in
grave site searches understand what an enormous favor you'll be doing for
countless families.  Doesn't a journey toward a hundred ancestors' graves
begin with a single photo?

Jan