[or-roots] Oregon roots 1847-1865

Albert Belanger skipb at rcn.com
Wed Mar 16 06:05:39 PST 2005

Bonjour.

Welcome to the fray! My wife's BLANCHARD ancestors made that Oregon
Trail trek in 1851..there were CLARKS that year also.  The BLANCHARSDS
settled in Oregon City. Who are your folks and what years did they
arrive?

My 18 year long research project on the 1851 O.T. migration is in the
hands of a publisher and should be "out there" by the end of the year (I
hope).

Your humble servant &c., &c.,

Albert

Albert Edward Belanger
128 Middle Road
Brentwood, NH 03833

Researching the 1851 Oregon Trail Migration

> Hi Bruce, Ronda, and Nancy. I don't know you, & U don't know me, as
yet.
> I've been "lurking" here for about 3 weeks to try to get the "feel" of
this
> bulletin site.
> I have Oregon roots from back in the 1847 - 1865 era and relatives
beyond
> those years living in OR and along the Columbia River, both OR & WA
sides
> who are anc. of those earlier clans. I am a ham radio opr. (amateur
radio
> opr) who "works" OR hams so I am interested in Oregon for many
reasons.
> I hope to find some things that I might contribute, or gain from this
site,
> so that is why I subscribed to it and was accepted
> to come aboard. Now, I need to see how I can contribute and/or pick
the
> brains of some fine Oregon people who are
> on here.
> As we say in ham r adio slanguage 73, which translates to Best
Regards,