[or-roots] Clark families

Ronda Howard whizinc at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 13:06:29 PST 2005

Hi Carroll,
I have the following Clarks in my family  tree.  I don't know much about the
early Clarks as this was from my early newbie paste everything in days.
William Clark (b abt 1609 England, d July 18, 1690 Northampton, MA) married
Sarah (d Sept. 6, 1675 Northampton, MA).  The two children I know of are
John (b 1651, d Sept. 3, 1704 Windsor CT) and Sarah (b Mar 19, 1658/9
Dorchester, MA, d Apr 15, 1728 Northampton, MA).

John married Mary Strong (b Oct 16, 1654, Northampton, MA, d Dec 8, 1738).
Their children were John (b Dec 28, 1679 Northampton, MA, d Aug 3, 1768
Northampton, MA); Abigail Clark (b Mar 1691/2 Northampton, MA, d Dec 27 1766
Northampton, MA); and Josiah Clark (b June 11, 1697)

John (b 1769) married Elizabeth Cooke in 1704 in Northampton, MA.  They had
12 children:  Elizabeth, John, Eliakim, Aaron, Jerusha, Elisha, Ithamar,
Catharine, Gershom, Stephen, David, and Sarah.

Abigail married Noah Cokke and had 9 children.
Josiah married Thankful Sheldon.  I have 1 child recorded:  Enoch (b May 1,
1726 Northampton, MA)

Some recent Clarks are
Descendants of Margaret Anna Brewer

Generation No. 1
1. MARGARET ANNA5 BREWER (JOHN FLETCHER4, WILLIAM ALEXANDAR3, JOHN2, OLIVER
BREWER1 SR.) was born 30 Dec 1869 in Grand Mound, Washington Territory, and
died 1964. She married JOHN HARRISON CLARK.
Notes for JOHN HARRISON CLARK:
Anna married John Clark of Centralia, Washington.

Children of MARGARET BREWER and JOHN CLARK are:
i. LAURENCE GRANT6 CLARK, b. 1886; d. 1951.
ii. RACHEL CLARK, b. 1889; d. 1980.
Notes for RACHEL CLARK:
Aileen has Rachel and Della as one person Rachel Della Brewer.
iii. DELLA CLARK.
iv. LEONARD HARLAND CLARK, b. 1892; d. 1933.
v. CHESTER FRANKLIN CLARK, b. 1896; d. 1951.
vi. VIRGIL ARTHUR CLARK, b. 1901; d. 1980.
vii. HARRISON HOWARD CLARK, b. 1901; d. 1980.
Notes for HARRISON HOWARD CLARK:
Rachel had Harry, Aileen had Harrison Howard.

Do you recognize any of these?
Ronda Howard