[or-roots] GIBSON Researchers?

Carroll Clark w7iml at gte.net
Fri Mar 18 17:51:44 PST 2005

Hi Gene Barnes - Thank you.
My Gibson Family book pub. 1900 by Mehitable Calef Coppenhagen Wilson covers
the Gibsons and its branches from 1634 - 1899.
 They are originally from MAssachusetts - Cambridge area, but migrate from
there. Mainly east coast early on but
migrate in all directions as they got the wanderlust!
I know more about the earlier Gibsons than I do about the Gibsons down the
Line.  My direct Line came by ship around the
Horn in the 1800s to WA Territory (WA State 1889) and settled near Kent, WA
areas.
I can't search by state for them; I need first & last names, an as much info
as possible as to where they were located
to be able to narrow them down, if at all possible.   I know of no Gibsons
from Brit. Isles, as my Gibson Family only surmises where they were
from -mainly English with a probable Scottish tie, unknown.  They tended to
intermarry almost exclusively with English spouses as is noted in this book.

Carroll in Snohomish, WA
w7iml at gte.net

                                                                        * *