[or-roots] information on Jabez Terhune

Albert Belanger skipb at rcn.com
Sat Mar 19 10:48:17 PST 2005

Bonjour,

Below is what I have in my MASTER LIST OF 1851 O.T. PIONEERS.  As you
can see from the documentation citations (- JH -) most of this comes
from Jan Harris of Corvallis, OR  (Don't have other details on her
address).

There is a mention of Mr. TERHUNE in Timothy W. DAVENPORT's Trial
journal, a copy of which is at the U of OR Knight  Library in Eugene,
OR.

There is a mention of Margaret in the Illustrated Historical Atlas Map,
Marion & Linn Counties, Oregon; by Edgar Williams.

Hope this helps.when my project on the 1851 Oregon Trail Migration is
published (hopefully by the end of the year) you should have lots more
info available on the trek of your ancestors.

Regards,

Albert

TERHUNE (family researcher:  - JH -)

TERHUNE, Jabez   (DLC  #2004) - SF - ; - OR DLC 1 - ; - IHAM -; (b. 1823
in IN, d. 1876 Jefferson, OR; m'd 1847 in MO to Margaret Jane
McALPIN[Sister of Robert],b. 1821 in TN, d. 1878 in Jefferson, OR) - SC
- ; (Son of David Terhune and Mary Jane [Cooper] ; b. 1 June 1823 KY, d.
26 Sept 1876 in Jefferson, Marion Co, OR. ; father of 13 children; 3
children came with him; m'd Margaret Jane McALPIN)  - jh -

TERHUNE, Margaret Jane  (DLC  #2004) - SF - ; (Dau. of Henry McAlpin and
Elizabeth Farnsworth; b. 7 Mar 1824 or 1821 Greene TN, died 21 Feb. 1878
in Jefferson, Marion, Oregon; married Sept. 15,1847 in Andrew Co., MO to
Jabez  TERHUNE) - jh - ;  - IHAM -

TERHUNE, Martha Ellen   (b. 22 June 22 1848 Andrew Co., MO; child of
Jabez and Martha Jane)  - jh -

TERHUNE, Mary Elizabeth   (b. 30 Sept. 1850  Andrew Co., MO; child of
Jabez and Martha Jane)  - jh -

Terhune, Mr.   - twd(1) -
TERHUNE, William Franklin  (b. 12 May 1849  Andrew Co., MO; child of
Jabez and Martha Jane)  - jh -

Albert Edward Belanger
128 Middle Road
Brentwood, NH 03833

Researching the 1851 Oregon Trail Migration