[or-roots] Couey, John B.

D. J. Brotherton djbrtb at kci.net
Mon Mar 21 19:38:27 PST 2005

Thank you for sharing 1852 Wagon Train.  I found the name of

COUEY, John B., DLC #506 Lane Co., born 1821 Gwinnet Co., GA
COUEY, William P., DLC #1157 Lane Co., born 1823 GA
COUEY, Sarah Ann, wife of William, marr. 4 Mar 1852 IL

I have been looking for John B. Couey for a long time.  He married my
ggrandmother in Benton County December 5, 1882 for which I have the Marriage
Certificate from the County Clerk./  I have failed to find him listed in the
1880 Census nor a Death Certificate.

When I looked up Couey in the DLC I could not find the name.  When I looked
under #506 I found John Be. CoNey not CoUey.  I have looked at the Census
for this name and found nothing.  There was a Postmaster in Oakville (where
my family were are that time) by the name of John B. CoVey.  There is no
Census that I can find on him.

I have asked this question before but maybe someone new is looking or maybe
you know of  any history book  that  might include John B. Couey or my
ggrandmother Alvina Jane Hawley Couey.  The family bible lists her death as
March 7, 1897 in Linn County.  At one time she was living in Shelburn.

Many thanks for your ideas.

Dolores
djbrtb at kci.net