[or-roots] more blather

TEDDIE1938 at aol.com TEDDIE1938 at aol.com
Thu May 5 14:11:42 PDT 2005

I have Harriet Duncan Munnick's Roseburg/Portland book of transcribed
Catholic Church Records of the Pacific Northwest. I've been reading along, not
paying much attention, so what I am sending is probably not of any interest or a
repeat but I hope it is of some help.

I ordered the book years ago because the marriage of my great-grand  parents,
Antoine Valade/Vallard and Hermeline Ouimette is listed.

I see that her books are listed on line with some of the family names,  but
not all. They are super for French Canadian research in Oregon. I  would advise
using the actual books for any research. Burials in St. Mary's  Cemetery,
1872-1883 are also listed in my book.  Here's the link:

_Catholic Church  Records of the Pacific Northwest_
(http://www.orednet.org/~clenzen/mission.html)

Roseburg and Southern Oregon Missions

Lavadour, Angelique
B 134 Page 33-34
Edward McGinnis

On the  29th of July, 1860 we the undersigned priest baptized Edward,  3
years old, born of the lawful marriage of John McGinnis and Angelique  Laverdure
on the South Umpqua. Sponsors Francois Desnoyers and Martine  Lessart.  A. Z.
Poulin, priest

Mary H. McGinnis
B 140 Page 33-34

On the 29th of July, 1860, we the undersigned priest baptized Marie Helene  5
years old, born of the lawful marriage of John McGinnis and Angelique
Laverdure. Sponsors Bazile Courville and Florence Gagnon.  A.Z. Poulin,  priest

Paul Laverdure
B 141 Page 33-34

On the 29th of July, 1860, we the undersigned priest baptized Paul, 3 years
old, born of the lawful marriage of Joseph Laverdure and Lisett Walla-Walla.
Sponsors Joseph Rivard and Marie Ann Klakatat.  A.Z. Poulin, priest

Elizabeth Laverdure
B 142 Page 33-34

On the 29th of July, 1860, we the undersigned priest baptized Elizabeth, 5
years old, child of Joseph Laverdure and Lizette Walla-Walla. Sponsors Francois
 Desnoyers and Marie Finley.
A.Z. Poulin, priest

Joseph Laverdure
B 143 Page 33-34

On the 29th of July, 1860, we the undersigned priest baptized Joseph, 8
years old, child of Joseph Laverdure and Lisette Walla-Walla. Sponsors Alexandre
Dumond and Martine Lessart. A. Z. Poulin, priest

Note from Harriet Duncan Munnick: