[or-roots] re First time posting

DanM wb at valiant.wvi.com
Thu May 26 19:38:47 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <JNCRIDGE at aol.com>
To: <or-roots at sosinet.sos.state.or.us>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 6:15 PM
Subject: [or-roots] re First time posting

>    Kay's original message was all caps. Assuming that Kay wishes to get a
useful response and not offend anyone, it might be useful to read
http://www.kidsdomain.com/brain/computer/surfing/netiquette_parents.html

> Jon Ridgeway
================>

Some times people use caps
 just for notice,
not meaning one thing
or the other,
just to get
what they post noticed.
   I am never offended by the caps, but in helping a new person I take on I
do mention to them
how and when to use them,also how to use the subject line for notice, this
is the first thing I teach newbies I deal with.
   Make the subject line say what they need,
then recap in the message
with the most specific details they have .
    All I knew when I started was Me, mom, sisters a brother, no dad, no
family, Mom passed in the 80's, dad passed in 72, never knew him, Walt
popped up from no where, he knew what I needed to flourish, all I knew was
my Rogers side.
    I needed Matney/Cooper and Walt < thanks> told me some things and I was
able to build
my genealogy and I found a cousin who had already wrote our genealogy 500
page nice book, I got her to visit Walt too.
    I wish I was involved deeper in this stuff, how ever I don't know just
who to get involved with.
Maybe Walt has Ideas there too.
   As for the Caps. Well read that message before jumping. People like Jon
share help too.
I am going to read this website, have not seen it yet , might learn a thing
or two for this old dog <G>
Dan M