[or-roots] Re: The doctors BISWELL of Baker City

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Sun May 29 14:12:23 PDT 2005

I am doing research for a friend and am stuck on the ancestors of the Drs.
BISWELL.

Dr. Roger BISWELL Jr. died in 1969, after having practiced medicine in Baker
City from 1937 until that time.

Dr. Roger BISWELL Sr. died in 1943 after having practiced medicine in Baker
City from the end of World War I until his death.

James Joseph BISWELL, father of Roger BISWELL Sr. had moved his family from
Missouri to Canyon City, Oregon in 1881.

I am interested in the parents and siblings of James Joseph BISWELL in
Missouri in the 1820s, 1830s & 1840s. They were in Howard County and Adair County at
least part of that time.

Has anyone done any research on this family?

Linda (Umpleby) VanOrden
Junction City, OR
LinLouVan at aol.com

Now researching BISWELL in Oregon and Missouri.

Also, Searching for UMPLEBY from England to Ohio about 1817; to Montgomery
Co., IL
ca. 1861-63; to KA ca. 1900
Searching for BARNSTABLE from England to Illinois about 1867
Searching for RISHELL, SPANGLER in Centre Co., Pennsylvania 1700-1800s
Searching for MULKEY and LILLARD, Oregon Trail Pioneers about 1851; Missouri
to Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties, OR
Searching for VAN ORDEN, Bergen Co., NJ 1780s; later to Monroe Co., NY;
to Muskegon Co., MI; to Lincoln Co., OR
Searching for SIMONSBACKA/NYSTROM from Finland to Oregon ca. 1886-1892