[or-roots] Posting from 1st time user

Frances Vlahos-Rohm Frances_Vlahos-Rohm at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Nov 4 16:36:37 PST 2005

Gary, I hope you are still doing ok. I work so much I didn't have time to
email you again for a long time. I don't know if I ever answered all your
questions about Hazel Shaver. I have been trying to get more information
from my father Marion Vlahos, who is now almost 89. It is more difficult as
he doesn't recall a lot of the details, although he is very sharp, still
drives and has a good sense of humor. I live in Juneau Alaska. Hazel Shaver
Vlahos and John Vlahos are buried at Pleasant View cemetery outside of
Sherwood. Hazel's family (about 5 of the Shavers are buried there as well.)
Sadly, so is my youngest sibling, brother Steven John Vlahos, who died
almost 3 years ago in a fall at the old farmhouse in Peach Cove (near West
Linn) where he was living at the time. It is the same property owned by
Hazel and John in the early 1900s. It is hard to find more information about
the Shavers. I would like to find out when Francis Marion Shaver came west
or Ulysses Grant Shaver. One of them, UG I think was a riverboat captain on
the Canby or Willamette. Well, have to get to work. Sincerely, Frances
Vlahos-Rohm (I was named for Hazel Frances..)