[or-roots] Pleasant View/Hill Cemetery

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Nov 6 22:08:53 PST 2005

It looks like getting there from I5 is easiest at the S.W. Wilsonville Road
exit, west about a mile to a right on SW Brown Road which after 3/8 mi makes
a hard left at Evergreen and a hard right 1/4 mi just past Yosemite to
become 110th which after 3/4 mile becomes Tooze Rd after making a hard left,
(these hard turns are because these roads follow section and quartere
section lines, so that they are between peoples property) the 110th St
stretche takes you right by Dammasch state Hospital.

According to Yahoo after turning on Tooze you can shoot straight to the
cemetery in just under 1 3/4 miles, topo says you have to  turn NW after
about 1/4 mile on either Brown Road or something else, then N 1/4 turn W for
a mile then turn s for 1/2 mile.

Coming from Sherwood is as Barbara says, out of Sherwood take Ladd Hill
which starts at intersection of Sunset Blvd and S. Sherwood, follow it south
about 1 1/2 miles to left turn on SW Pleasant Hil Rd which jct is just past
Parrett Rd (that name mean anything to anyone on the list? ;-}  ) 1/2 mile
east to Tooze and 1/4 mile right (S.) and 1/4 east to jct with cemetery
road.

Les C

PS Hope Gary isn't alread on road with directions I posted last night, my
name will be mud or something a lot worse if he is.

Subject: RE: [or-roots] Pleasant View/Hill Cemetery

I just called my mother-in-law who has family buried in the Pleasant
View/Hill Cemetery.  The Tooze Road area is the correct area.  She said that
they always went from Sherwood, and that there were several directional
signs to the cemetery.  I don't know which end of Tooze Road (which goes
East-West) it is on.  From what I am interpreting from what she said (which,
of course, could be off), is that from the south end of Sherwood, they took
Ladd Hill Road to Pleasant Hill Road to Tooze Road.
Barbara Herring