[or-roots] Portland City Directories

Denise Merritt merritthome1 at cableone.net
Wed Nov 16 14:11:38 PST 2005

You can also travel to Eugene - I believe it was at the University library
that they had an amazing collection of old city directories for all over the
state.  I visited it in years past and it was in a seperate room (seems like
it was upstairs).

I'm afraid that won't make you much happier than Portland, but it is a good
resource to know about. <Grin>  Eugene also has newspapers on microfilm for
the whole state.

Perhaps you could send an email to OHS and maybe someone would be kind and
reply with the information you seek?

Denise