[or-roots] My Trip to Oregon

Cole, Sherry Sherry.Cole at ed.gov
Fri Nov 18 08:03:49 PST 2005

Les,

After I came home to the Denver area, the field behind my house looked extremely dry!  I will always remember the lush green evergreen trees. I even took pictures along the road to show my husband how thick the forest are.  My grandparents came from Nova Scotia to Oregon and the winters in Oregon are a breeze compared to Nova Scotia so they probably thought they had found God's Country.  In fact, I heard Oregonee folks referring to their country as God's Country!

I am still trying to find John Nelson Wood's  (b.1839 d. 1908) death cert.  Also, Jane Hunter Campbell Wood (b. 1840) died in Gig Harbor, Wash. don't know when and I can't find where she is buried, she is his wife and she lived after 1925 because my grandmother mentions her in a 1925 letter.  Jane is surposed to be buried in the Will Chilvers graveyard.  Well, that was a family plot in Gig Harbor and I can't find anything on that.
thanks, Sherry