[or-roots] Vanport and Vanport Flood

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Nov 19 20:51:03 PST 2005

OKay folks step right up here and help Babe out, I am sure somebody has some
stuff her cousin would be interested in;

Subject:	Re: [or-roots] Jantzen Beach

Bob, how long were you stationed there? About  1944-46 I worked in the bean
fields where the airport is now. The  P-38's, when taking off would be so
low
we could see the faces of the  pilots. They waved at us girls working in the
beans and of course we waved  back.

Carroll

Carroll:  I was there when the VanPort Flood happened!  I was  in the oregon
Air national Guard.

--
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired