[or-roots] Portland arrest records

Elaine eas27 at msn.com
Sat Nov 26 17:10:41 PST 2005

Does anyone know if there are arrest/jail records for the Portland city
jail in 1903. I have the exact date (Nov. 7) and the names of the people
involved.

My great grandfather, William Wolfson was arrested in Portland with a
woman, Fanny Ruloff (not his wife) and his 8 year old son. I can't believe
they locked the kid up in the jail with his father.

My great grandmother had him arrested for nonsupport/desertion.

I found several articles in the Portland papers about this and wanted to
see if there is an official record.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

thanks
Elaine