[or-roots] fried apples

LAUBREY1 at aol.com LAUBREY1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 08:27:51 PDT 2005

My Granny made fried apple pies. She made  these every open morning of
hunting season for the hunters. Grandad  peeled and sliced the apples and then put
them out to dry. When Granny died that  was the end of the fried apple pies. We
still have some of the dried apples in  the freezer but the only time I tried
to make fried pies it was not a pretty  site and they just didn't taste like
hers. Granny and Grandad were from Alabama  and they moved ot Oregon in 1940.
She made them in Alabama and brought the  recipe with her. Of course the recip
e was in her head and no one thought to get  it from her before she had her
stoke in 1974. She used biscuit dough for the  "pie shell" and when the
biscuits in the can came out she used those.  God,  I miss her and Granddad

Linda Aubrey