[or-roots] Into The Eye Of The Setting Sun chapter 10

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Sun Oct 2 23:59:32 PDT 2005

This is about Aunt Charlotte who crossed the Oregon trail in 1843 (at the age of 5), with the same group that my gg grandfather was with.  Make sure you go the the second page "Good Night" to see the wonderful photo that Rachel took on our 7150 mile trip in August, 2000.  We're on our way home, and driving into the eye of the setting sun!

from the introduction

           Charlotte Matheny Kirkwood was a wonderfully remarkable woman.  She was a
     student of the nature of man and his surroundings even at the age of five, when she and
     her family set out across the plains "into the eye of the setting sun", as her father,
     Daniel, described it to her.

Ckapter 10
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~cchouk/oregon_trail/crossing/chapter.htm

Oh!  The link to Walt's e-mail on this site is incorrect.  Sorry.  :-(

Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/