[or-roots] Indian Wars - everybody else

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Oct 17 10:01:15 PDT 2005

No Hauxhurst or anything close, found some near misses for Munden - Mondan
several Moody's and a couple of other near anagrams of Munden or Monden, but
didn't seem close enough to not.

As I rescanned did a much better job looking for Parrott, no luck again,

Williams, James nothing close the only possiblily was an Anderson Williams,
could be James not using given name but likely a stretch.  There are a lot
listings of the surname , principly L.L. and R. C. both appearing several
times, also some others that appeared only once or twice.

That is why I am glad you gave me a given name Aileen; I would have had to
list most of the companies to itemize all of the Williams in this list.

The scary thing about this is the more I study it, the more I think, aside
from the ommissions listed in the article, that this is a very incomplete
listing of the folks involved.

Confusing the issue is the fact that each of these companies was of short
duration and many of these guys are in several companies, I can make that
assertion because having scanned them all two or three times more or less I
see patterns of names that I recognize. The biggest shock was when I hit the
company that was obviously mustered from the Tiller area, the company roster
read like a list of place names from that area, I am really curious about
the one with the surname Umpqua, seems to me he had to be some part Indian
himself with a name like that, unless he was some kind of orphan??

I am sorely tempted to try and turn this list into an online database,
though I guess folks with access to Heritage Quest can locate these folks
but with typos and initials it would be hard to find somebody that way.