[or-roots] Indian Wars Livingston

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Oct 17 14:31:23 PDT 2005

Bob;

Not seeming to find a John, but have a Henry A.; Company I. mustered at
Roseburg, November 22,1855 discharged January 18, 1856 Captain W.W. Chapman
(anybody you know;-} ?) also in the ranks; Thomas and G. J. Chapman.

speaking of place names, Lyman S. Kellog is in that company too along with
John and Andrew Sawyer.

W. W. musters again on the 18th (discharged May 14, 1856) and adds W.W. Jr.
to the ranks, also is G. J. the same as James G. in this company?

Company A. (1st recruiting battalion) Mustered at Roseburg, Feburay 8, 1856,
discharged May 20, 1856 Captain Edward Sheffield (that got me excited, I was
thinking Ed Schieffelin)
	Privates; S. Livingston, J. Livingston.

Les C

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Indian Wars

Leslie, been off the net for a while...having computer problems, but seems
to be cured now.  How about checking for a John Livingston on the list of
Rogue River Indian War vets... he was at the battle of Hungry Hill. Bob