[or-roots] Hay and the Indian Wars

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Oct 17 14:47:44 PDT 2005

I think the site of Connies' that mentions Thomas Gage's death has quite a
discussion of Fort Hay.

Illustrated history of Lane County, Oregon
Portland, Or.: A.G. Walling, 1884, 560 pgs.
page  295

Company N. Mustered October 26, 1855; discharged November 21, 1855 Captain
Orise F. Root;

Privates; J.M. Hay, Jarvis J. Hay

There is a William Hay in another company A on page 293, I ahve to run some
errands and just drummed these up because I sort of remembered where they
were.

Les C

Subject: [or-roots] Fort Hay and the Indian Wars

Les,
Fort Hay was named because that was the residence of William B. Hay and his
wife, Mary Elizabeth Sandsberg.  My husbands 2nd great grandparents.

Does anyone have any information on Mary Elizabeth Sandsberg?

Jeremiah and Jarvis Hay could be two of those listed.  Twins.

Diane