[or-roots] Hershberger

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Oct 18 14:16:12 PDT 2005

Bob;

Before I become immortalized for misinformation, all of those connections
were conjecture on my part, mostly I deduced from the name associations that
they came from the Tiller area, (surprising there isn't a Tiller in the
roster) because I recognized those names from the geographic names and made
the above conjecture about Hershberger because I had never run across that
surname in Census. I feel pretty confident about the other names in that
list as I have found them in Census in the correct area. Along with some
other names from the area. The only one I can think of other than those was
Dompier which was a name I had always wondered about until I saw the family
in the Census.

Oregon Geographic names doesn't contradict me, but then it doesn't have the
name Hersheberger in it to my suprise.

USGLO is still unavailable, or I could check to see if Hershberger owned
land in that neck of the woods. Want to wager anything on that?