[or-roots] Need ideas on where to locate death certificate

LinLouVan at aol.com LinLouVan at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 09:00:13 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/20/05 8:46:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
naxelton at hotmail.com writes:
How do you find out who "Took Over" an old mortuary? I'm looking for one in
Florence.
Nan,
I know that in Junction City and some Eugene places, the records stay
"forever" with the new owners. I guess that probably depends on the integrity of the
owners. I called our local mortuary about a 1916 death when the funeral home
in J.C. was totally different, but they had the records.

An aside is that the Murphy family that owned the mortuary in Junction City
also owned one in Florence for a while - until the owner's death in 1982.

Linda VanOrden
Junction City, OR