[or-roots] Trash Can Christmas

Cecil Houk cchouk at cox.net
Sat Oct 22 00:34:51 PDT 2005

Christmas 1959 was very interesting at my house.

My mother needed a new trash can, so Doug, his wife Donna, and I bought a nice shinny 50 gallon zinc plated steel garbage can.  Then we tied a big red bow on top.

Christmas eve was when we opened our gifts.  You should have seen my mother's face when Doug and I brought in the trash can.  Her jaw fell through the floor.

"Well, open it", we shouted!  She did.

Her face lit up as she began to dig through 50 gallons of goodies that were inside that garbage can.

Cecil

Cecil Houk, ET1 USN Ret.
PO Box 530833
San Diego CA 92153
FAX 619-428-6434
mailto:cchouk at cox.net
ANDERSON - BLAKELY - FORD - HOUK - KIMSEY - MOE - RULAFORD - SIMPSON
Searchable GEDCOM: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/~cchouk
My web page MENU: http://members.cox.net/~cchouk/