[or-roots] Christmas story

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Oct 23 07:13:20 PDT 2005

Mom had a jade plant, which for those not familiar is a succulent with
somewhat tree like characteristics, I don't believe they usually get very
big, but mom's was up around three feet tall. One year we hadn't gotten
around to getting a tree for one reason or another, (some years we harvested
and sold them from our property) and I suggested we just decorate the jade
plant, so we did. It was a lovely tree. We weren't real big on christmas
tradition on my family other than the tradition of gathering family together
and eating and visiting. One year I tacked a fir branch to the wall above
the fireplace mantel and we decorated that for our christmas tree.

PS the christmas tree duty was the last hurrah for the poor jade plant,
while we were in California visiting my oldest brother a hard freeze killed
it.

Les C

Okay, I'll bite.  Let's hear your jade plant Christmas tree story.

Sue